UMBRELLA INSURANCE DEFINED
DON'T FORGET YOUR UMBRELLA
Today's world is full of lawsuit-happy people. Judges and juries are also awarding higher sums of money than ever before. Personal Umbrella coverage gives you the following benefits, subject to policy limits and exclusions:
- Additional coverage over and above the liability limits of your underlying policies, such as auto and home
- Your assets, as well as your future earnings, covered
Besides providing increased liability limits, a Personal Umbrella policy gives you these additional benefits:
- Coverage for libel, slander, and defamation of character may not be covered by your underlying house or auto liability policies.
- Your Umbrella policy covers defense costs and attorney fees associated with claims against you, but not by your primary policies. These expenses are paid in addition to our policy limit.
- Coverage anywhere in the world
Note: Your auto policy must have certain limits for you to qualify for an umbrella policy.