UMBRELLA INSURANCE DEFINED
The insurance industry loves its jargon. And unless you're around it ever y day, as I am, there is a strong possibility it might leave you scratch i ng your head. These definitions can help minimize confusion.
DON'T FORGET YOUR UMBRELLA
Today we live in a very litigious or lawsuit -happy society. And judges and juries are handing down larger money awards than ever before. Subject to policy limits and exclusions, with a Personal Umbrella policy you have:
- Additional cove rage over and above the liability limits of your underlying policies, such as auto and home
- Your assets as well as your future earnings covered
Besides providing increased liability limits, a Personal Umbrella policy gives you these additional benefits:
- Coverage against claims that may not be covered by your underlying policies for home or auto liability, such as libel, slander or defamation of character
- Defense costs and attorney's fees associated with claims against you that are covered by your Personal Umbrella policy, but not by your primary policies. These expenses are paid in addition to our policy limit.
- Coverage anywhere in the world
Note: Your auto policy must have certain limits for you to qualify for an umbrella policy.